Friday, December 08, 2006

Solutions...

I love Cream of Wheat!!

I decided, after my not so helpful doctor's appointment, to proceed with my life as though I were anemic and ill. I started going to bed earlier, and happily discovered that Cream of Wheat has 50% of your required iron per serving. I ate it for breakfast and dinner day before yesterday and breakfast yesterday. I actually have color in my cheeks again! I have energy again! I went to the grocery store yesterday and shopped, I cooked dinner, I actually participate in my life for the first time in a week!

I am so relieved. I was beginning to look forward into the next three months with a growing despair and horror. I couldn't stand the thought of being too tired to handle the basic responsibilities in my life. Thanks to the aforementioned cereal, I am happily engaged in work and home life again.

It is still very odd being out here instead of in Denver. The weather is cold in a clingy, biting way that I have never really felt before. It's almost as though the cold is suffering from an attachment disorder that forces it to try and climb inside you and be absorbed. It's impossible to get rid of, and it seeps in through all the windows and doorways. It comes with a lovely morning frost that is slowly killing off my roses, and paints pretty images on my lawn. It is the worst by Monkey's school because it is in a swamp. I send her to school each day in a long wool coat with a sweater and hat and mittens. I make her promise to wear her little mittens so her baby hands aren't bitten by frostbite when she plays at recess. She acquiesces with a shiver and doesn't even try and argue.

The holidays are pretty out here. I see lots of huge inflatable christmas characters and lights all over the place. There is still a lot of green. All in all, I miss home. I miss Roby and Heather's magical christmas display, and my parents little tree, and indifferent cold.

We are supposed to brave the city this weekend to go see "the tree". I will let you know if we made it or not.

Happy december!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cream of wheat? Alright! Personally, I hate the texture, but Eric likes it.

Time for some blood sausage, eh?

Yeeha!

Search Me