Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The best snack since Mum mums...

I went to Costco yesterday and stumbled across these fantastic all natural fruit crisps.



I thought I would give them a try, primarily because they are 100% fruit, and nothing else. These snacks don't have anything added to them, they are just freeze-dried fruit, so I know I can feed them to my family without adding to their sugar intake.

Otter loves them. They have the crispiness and consistency of his Mum Mums, but they have a rich flavor, so he gobbles them up. He can hold them all by himself, and loves to chomp away on them. Yesterday he ate the freeze-dried equivalent of three apples and one pear. (It was the first day of the crisp experiment, I think I will limit his intake a bit more today.)

Monkey loves them, and they are a great crunchy alternative to chips. They also fit into the car, or the diaper bag, or a backpack as an emergency snack, since they require no refrigeration.

Lee and I even love them, and find them a healthy alternative to our junkie snack foods. Mmmm... hopefully they will help me get the last of the baby weight off by satisfying my sweet tooth!

Anyway, El Bebe is asking for more freeze-dried apple crisp, so I should go. Have a good Tuesday!

0 comments:

Search Me