Thursday, February 21, 2008

Total eclipse of the moon...

(You 80's fans out there were about ready to sing weren't you?)
Last night I captured the eclipse with my fancy smancy new camera and telephoto lens (I have a Canon Rebel). It made me want to buy a telescopic lens for further astronomical displays. I mean, clearly, the money I would spend on such a lens and the small number of chances I would have to use it would be balanced out by the awesome details I could capture. Right?

While the eclipse crept over the surface of the moon:


The moon almost fully eclipsed:


The moon fully eclipsed:





I have to say I was pleased with the detail I was able to capture with a camera, so far away from the moon. I could have stayed in the freezing cold snapping pictures all night!!

8 comments:

Scott said...

Dammit.. now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day..

Great pictures though.. :)

MarĂ­a said...

What kind of camera do you have? Those shots were AMAZING!!

"Once upon a time there was light in my life...."

Mandy (ZenMonkeyMind) said...

GREAT photos!!!

I totally forgot about the eclipse, and I was gonna take pics, too... crap!!

Unknown said...

those pictures are amazing!

Missy said...

WOW!! Those shots are fabulous. A much better view than we got in my part of Kansas. The clouds coming in obscured the view quite a bit. Then those clouds brought us a lovely dose of sleet, snow and freezing drizzle. Glad you shared these!

Woman with a Hatchet said...

I had absolutely no IDEA there was an eclipse going on! So glad you photographed it!

Tell me about your settings, woman! I must know!

Red Flashlight said...

Beeeeoooooooootiful!

Anonymous said...

Great set of photos!

I was stuck working inside a section of the building with no windows last night, so I'm glad you posted them :)

Search Me